WAS families and Researchers Conference 2013
WAS Conf. 2013
IDF - WAS Families and Researchers Conference 2013.
The Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation is pleased to announce the 2nd International WAS Families and Researchers Conference from June 27-29, 2013 in Baltimore, MD. U.S.A. All WAS families and patients are encouraged to attend to hear from the experts and share experiences. The 1st WAS Family Conference was held in Chicago in 2010 and was a grand success and there was overwhelming request for a 2nd conference.
The conference is jointly sponsored by the Immune Deficiency Foundation, the National Institutes of Heath and the Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation.
Why attend : This is a wonderful opportunity for WAS families to gather in a non-medical setting to:
- Hear from WAS experts in immunology, transplant and gene therapy from around the world, have their questions answered and concerns addressed.
- Learn more about the latest therapies (including Gene Therapy) and hear about the breakthroughs that are being made e
- Share experiences with other families and for the children to meet other children and siblings of WAS families.
401 West Pratt Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
June 27-29, 2013.
WAS Specific Sessions: Thursday, June 27th: Noon to 5 PM and Fri, June 28th: All day
General Sessions: Common to Primary Immune Deficiency Disorder Families: Sat, June 29.
WAS Experts Consensus Meeting (For physicians and researchers only): Saturday
- Discuss clinical management of patients with WAS including bone marrow transplant and gene therapy. Review the roles of bone marrow and cord blood transplant, side effects of chemo-therapy, post transplant outcomes and long term sequelae.
- Discuss the role of splenectomy and thromobpoietic medications to increase platelet count and decrease risk of bleeding in patient.
- Address psychological issues for patients, parents and healthy siblings who may or may not be gene carriers or bone marrow donors.
- Discuss the importance of and obtain critical family input to the WAS Registry.
- Alessandro Aiuti, MD.
- Michael Albert, MD.
- Alessandro Aiuti, MD
- Michael Albert, MD
- Mira Barda-Saad, PhD
- Michael Blaese, MD
- Jim Bussell, MD
- Maria Cavazzana-Calvo, M.D.
- Fabio Candotti, MD
- Lisa Filipovich, MD
- Christoph Klein, MD
- Hans Ochs, MD
- Jordan Orange, MD, PhD
- Sung-Yun Pai, MD
- Adrian Thrasher, MD
Registration: Early Bird Registration:$245 for a family of 4 including childcare and meals.
Hotel Costs: $209 plus taxes per night.
For details, please go to: http://idfnationalconference.org/register
Scholarships: Limited number of partial scholarships based on financial need are available through the Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation on a first-come, first served basis. If you would like to apply for a scholarship to cover the cost of registration or to cover travel costs, please contact ?firstname.lastname@example.org or call at
Limited number of need based partial scholarships based on financial need are available through are available through IDF. if you would like to apply for a scholarship to cover the hotel costs for the nights of the 27th, 28th and 29th, please go to http://idfnationalconference.org/register