IDF Conference - 4th WAS Family Conference, 2017
The Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation is pleased to announce the 4th WAS Families and Physician Conference on June 15 and June 16 in Anaheim, California, U.S.A. There are valuable sessions in the main IDF Conference that you are welcome to attend. All WAS families and patients are encouraged to attend to hear from the experts and share experiences.
The conference is jointly sponsored by the Immune Deficiency Foundation, the Israeli WAS Association and the Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation.
Why attend: This is a wonderful opportunity for WAS families to gather in a non-medical setting to:
- Hear from WAS experts in immunology, transplant, hematology and gene therapy from around the world, have their questions answered and concerns addressed.
- Learn more about the latest therapies (including Gene Therapy) and hear about the breakthroughs that are being made
- Share experiences with other families and for the children to meet other children and siblings of WAS families.
- Great opportunity for the family to have fun visiting Disneyland at no cost (included as part of conference registration).
700 Convention Way,
Anaheim, CA 92802, USA
When: Thursday, June 15-16 2017
- Clinical Aspects of Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome
- Therapeutic Options for WAS
- Observations in WAS Carrier Females
- Discussion of Submitted WAS Cases
- Quality of Life of Patients with WAS
- New & Future Therapeutic Options
- Family Stories
- Long-Term Outcome of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Psychosocial & Mental Health Issues
Michael Albert, MD, Ludwig Maximillian University of Munich
Mira Barda-Saad, MD, PhD, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
Siobhan Burns, PhD, University College London
Fabio Candotti, MD, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
Silvia Clara Giliani, PhD, University of Brescia
Mort Cowan, MD, University of California – San Francisco
Brian Davis, MD, PhD, University of Texas Health Science Center
Sumathi Iyengar, MD, Wiskott Aldrich Foundation
Christina Mangurian, MD, University of California – San Francisco
Hans Ochs, MD, Seattle Children’s Hospital
Jordan Orange, MD, PhD, Texas Children’s Hospital
Maria Pia Cicalese, MD, PhD, Institute for Gene Therapy – Milan, Italy
Sung-Yun Pai, MD, Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
Early Registration: Registration is now open. Early Registration Deadline is on or before April 30th. To register, please go to Conference Registration
Scholarships: Limited number of partial scholarships based on financial need are available through the Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation. If you would like to apply for a scholarship to cover the cost of registration, child care and or to cover travel costs, download and complete the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for scholarship application is April 25th.
Questions? Contact one of the conference organizers below.
- Dr. Fabio Candotti, M.D., Conference Chair. University de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Kathy Antilla: Immune Deficiency Foundation
- Sumathi Iyengar, M.D., Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation email@example.com +1 919 641 7134
- Amir Kedar: Israeli WAS Association
* Agenda, times etc are subject to change