IDF Conference - 3rd WAS Family Conference, 2015
The Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation is pleased to announce the 3rd WAS Families and Physician Conference from Noon on June 25 through 3 PM on June 26th 2015 in New Orleans, U.S.A. There are valuable sessions in the main IDF Conference that you are welcome to attend on Saturday. All WAS families and patients are encouraged to attend to hear from the experts and share experiences. The 2nd WAS Family Conference was held in Baltimore in 2013. It was a great success and there was overwhelming request for a 3rd conference.
The conference is jointly sponsored by the Immune Deficiency Foundation, and the Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation.
Why attend: This is a wonderful opportunity for WAS families to gather in a non-medical setting to:
- Hear from WAS experts in immunology, transplant, hematology and gene therapy from around the world, have their questions answered and concerns addressed.
- Learn more about the latest therapies (including Gene Therapy) and hear about the breakthroughs that are being made
- Share experiences with other families and for the children to meet other children and siblings of WAS families.
- Great opportunity for the family to have fun visiting New Orleans.
Hyatt Regency, New Orleans,
601 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70113, USA
When: Thursday, June 25- to Saturday 27, 2015
WAS Specific Session*: Noon, Thursday, June 25 to 5 PM, Friday, June 26.*
General Sessions: Saturday, June 27. Connect with other families facing Primary Immune Deficiency and hear about a range of issues from Genetic Counseling, Families Facing Chronic illness, School & Insurance Concerns and more!
- What is WAS? Spectrum of Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis
- Pathophysiology of WAS.
- The WAS gene and how it affects WBC, platelets, basics on T and B cells
- Treatment of WAS – Options, Decision Making for Patients with different Clinical Severity
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant – Current state, Outcome, Complications, Practical notions
- HSCT – Long term outcome, QOL, complications, what to watch for, follow up routine, sterility and its preservation – Future directions,
- Gene therapy: efficacy and toxicity
- Quality of Life for WAS patients
- WAS Carriers
- Autoimmunity, relationship to cancer, management
- Prevention and Treatment of Bleeding Complications (Splenectomy, Eltrombopag, Romiplostim, Amicar, NovoSeven, platelet transfusion recommendations),
- Management of Eczema and Other Dermatologic Manifestations
- IL 2 Therapy: Preliminary Results
- Family Presentations & Video on Case Studies
- Alessandro Aiuti, M.D., PhD.
- Michael Albert, M.D.
- James Bussel, M.D.
- Fabio Candotti, M.D.
- Alain Fischer, M.D., PhD.
- Sylvia Giliani, M.D.
- Luigi Notarangelo, M.D.
- Hans Ochs, M.D.
- Jordan Orange, M.D., Ph.D.
- Joie Davis, PNP-BC, APNG
- Deborah Tamura, M.S., R.N.
- Adrian Thrasher, M.D.
Early Registration: Registration is now open. Early Registration Deadline is on or before April 30th. To register, please go to Conference Registration
Scholarships: Limited number of partial scholarships based on financial need are available through the Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation. If you would like to apply for a scholarship to cover the cost of registration, child care and or to cover travel costs, download and complete the application and email it to email@example.com Deadline for application is April 15th.
Questions? Contact one of the conference organizers below.
- Dr. Fabio Candotti, M.D., Conference Chair. University de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Kathy Antilla: Immune Deficiency Foundation
- Paige Hill: Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation
- Sumathi Iyengar, M.D., Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org +1 919 641 7134
- Robin Wenzel: Wiskott-Aldrich Foundation email@example.com
- Amir Kedar: Israeli WAS Association
* Agenda, times etc are subject to change